This year, The Harris Agency is excited to debut our new corporate identity. The reimaging of our brand draws upon the values of our Polynesian heritage while creating a unique visual point of difference with easy recall.
The Harris “H” is centralized with the “Koru” which is an international symbol of new life, growth, strength and peace, symbolic of the originality and change we help our clients create. The color is solid greenstone (similar to Jade), which is only found in New Zealand’s riverbeds. Treasured for its beauty, the tough stone also proved useful for tools and weapons and symbolizes the strength and vitality our agency brings to advertising and marketing in Hawaii.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to learn a little bit more about us. My philosophy is that every business simply provides lifestyle choices. Great vision and innovation makes the world a better place. Yogi Berra said it best when he coined the phrase; “The future ain’t what it used to be”. I believe that anything is possible with the right leadership, insight and talent. Ordinary is never an option in business or as an individual.
In our business people are the key. We spend a lot of time ensuring that we recruit the best people, that we deploy them in the right role with clear expectations and then challenge them to produce the greatest work of their careers in a supportive environment that allows them to thrive.
I also believe that in order to sustain high individual performance over long periods of time, one must be balanced like the four wheels of a Daytona 500 race car that is required to run at high speeds for long periods of time to finish the race. Each wheel must have the same commitment with regards to investment of time, focus and importance. The four wheels are: 1. Career 2. Family and the people you love 3. Community involvement, finally and most importantly 4. Your personal well being including-physical, mental, and spiritual health, growth and happiness.
Our goal isn’t to be the largest agency with the most people located in the biggest downtown offices. Our goal is to be the ultimate brand and revenue resource for our clients. With the majority of our clientele, we have been an intimate part of their executive team for many years. Trusted to proactively identify and address potential challenges within our area of expertise on their behalf. This is a role that we consider to be a great privilege.
I hope that we have the opportunity to meet and work together in the near future.
- PEOPLE – Brightest, Passionate, Experienced, & Deployed in the Right Role
- WORK – Craftsmanship, Innovative, Strategic, & Consistent Standard
- CLIENTS – Market Leaders, Recession Proof, & Partnership Mentality
- EXTRA-ORDINARY PERFORMANCE – Client’s Brand and Market Share, Agency, & Individual
- PRODUCTIVITY – Working Smarter with Clear Objectives, Concentration, Less Stress, & Being Proactive in a Reactive World
- BEST PLACE TO WORK – Challenging, Important Work, Culture, Compensation & Recognition
The Harris Agency is proud to offer a wide range of services above and beyond advertising, marketing, and promotion services. With a proven track record in a wide range of industries, The Harris Agency can help your business with a plethora of services including:
- Advertising and Design
- Brand and Concept Development and Management
- Brand and Revenue Consultancy
- Buzz Marketing
- Data Analysis
- Direct, Loyalty and Field Marketing
- Interactive, Web and Digital Services
- Market Research and Revenue Analytics
- Media Planning and Buying
- Partnership Program Development
- Public Relations and Event Management
- Restaurant Marketing
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning and Brand Management
- Travel and Tourism Marketing
- Koa Hammer Award for Media Relations – Consumer Products Burger King’s Snow Spooktacular
- Koa Hammer – Award of Excellence for Mina Pharmacy’s Flagship Launch Media Relations – Consumer Products (Other)
- Koa Hammer Award for Fine Dining on Valentine’s day at KFC Media Relations – Consumer Products (Food & Beverage/Restaurants)
- Ranked 3rd largest Hawaii agency by PBN (based on 2011 billings)
- Koa Hammer – Award of Excellence for Island Edge – Launch/Fashion Competition Media Relations – Consumer Products (Other)
- IABC Hawaii `Ilima Award of Merit for Valentine’s Day at KFC Writing – News, Feature Articles & Editorials
- Ranked 4th largest Hawaii agency by PBN (based on 2010 billings)
- Koa Hammer – Award of Excellence for Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park New Year’s Eve Media Relations – Consumer Products (Other)
- 40 under 40, PBN Book of Lists
- Pele Award for Television under $25,000 Burger King Hawaii
- Pele Award for Music Score Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park
- Pele Award for Newspaper Self Promotion Star Classifieds
- At Burger King’s® Annual International Conference, Kazi Foods earned the prestigious Brand Leadership Award for being one of the world’s top franchises.
- The Harris Agency’s PR efforts for Burger King Hawaii made national and international headlines including the Associated Press and CNN Worldwide.
- American Heart Association- Recognized for outstanding corporate support
- Alii Award- Recognized for advertising excellence
- Promotion Marketing Association- Recognized for outstanding service
- Hawaii’s Fastest 50- Recognized as one of 50 fastest-growing small businesses in Hawaii
- KFC’s Customer Maniac Award for driving double digit growth
- KFC’s Golden Rooster
- American Advertising Federation
- Hawaii Chamber of Commerce
- Promotion Marketing Association
- Score Hawaii
Q. Are you taking on any new clients right now?
A. Yes, we are taking on new clients; however, we are very careful to not overextend ourselves at the expense of our current clients.
Q. What is the best way to propose unsolicited opportunities to THA and/or our clients?
A. Please email your proposals to the relevant department head. For more information, visit the People tab on our website. (The more details explaining the opportunity, benefits, cost and Return On Investment included in your proposal will ensure the more favorable response.)
Q. Do you use freelance services?
A. Yes, we do and THA is committed to supporting the development of Hawaii’s talent. Please contact the relevant department head with your inquiries.
Q. Can you handle US mainland and international business?
A. Yes, in fact Doug Harris developed the Na Hoku Jewelry Brand which opened their first store under new brand in King of Prussia Shopping Centre in Philadelphia before expanding to all of the supermalls throughout the U.S. THA also leads an executive team with turn-around efforts for various restaurant chains after recommendations of industry venture capitalists with great success.
Q. Where does one park while visiting THA?
A. While visiting THA, validated parking is available on the 6th floor of Waikiki Shopping Plaza (2250 Kalakaua Ave).
Q. Are you hiring? Who should I send my resume to?
A. We are always accepting resumes. Please send your cover letter and resume to the relevant department head.
Q. Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
A. We honestly don’t know! Communication? We also don’t know why brown cows eat green grass to produce white milk and yellow cheese!